ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animate position in a big circle in 3D space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jantzen
Animate position in a big circle in 3D space
on Jan 10, 2018 at 6:45:59 pm

I'm trying to create a complex Particular line animation where multiple lines are animating around the center of the comp, but not on the same plane. So if you were to move the camera around all the lines, they would look like a very loose ball of yarn. The lines need to animate closer and closer to the center of the comp, and as they get closer, I need to be able to control the wiggle amount to create more erratic patterns. This is the sample I was sent.

Jason Jantzen
keyframist.com

Return to posts index

Steve Sierra
Re: Animate position in a big circle in 3D space
on Jan 11, 2018 at 10:18:25 am

Hi,

I tried to mess around with the echo effect and particular... I couldn't get what you want.
The only way I see how to do this is to create many spiraled shape layers, or 3D stroke on solids, put them in 3D and rotate them around the same anchor point in order to achieve your spherical effect.

Hope this helps,

Good luck !

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Animate position in a big circle in 3D space
on Jan 14, 2018 at 2:30:55 pm

I would start with using lights as emitters, parented to a (rotating) center null. The streaks would be generated with auxiliary particles. The center null would scale down to move the lights closer and a wiggle expression connected to a (central) slider control for wiggle amount would be added to the lights positions.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]