ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using time from another comp within a time-remapped comp.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clay McAvoy
Using time from another comp within a time-remapped comp.
on Dec 28, 2017 at 7:03:57 pm

I'm creating a character rig for animation and I've run into a problem with time-remapped comps inside another time remapped comp. Let's say, I have a comp for each component of a face which animates a head turn from left to right over the course of 100 frames (we'll call this comp "X"). I put that in another comp called "Y" and time remap it. Inside Comp "Y", I animate some distort effects to reflect changes as the head tilts up and down. Then I put comp "Y" inside the main rig comp and time remap that one as well. Then I create controls to control the X and Y position of the character's looking direction and reference them with expressions on the time remap properties of both X and Y comps. The problem is this. Comp "Y" works fine and remaps accordingly. However, inside comp "Y", comp "X" is using the value of the controls I set up at it's remapped time. In other words, if at the 5 minute mark, I set the Y control to 20, Its going to map comp "X" at the value of the control back at frame 20 because it's using the time of the current comp, not the main comp.

Is there any way in an expression, that I can reference the value of a slider at the main comp's time and not at time of the referencing comp?

Thanks,
Clay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]