Attaching Layer to camera

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brocke
Attaching Layer to camera
on Dec 24, 2017 at 1:37:44 am
Last Edited By Michael Brocke on Dec 24, 2017 at 2:03:11 am

Original Post:
Alright so I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do.

I have a 3D scene with a camera flying through 3D Space and focusing on a couple of layers. This scene uses the built-in Depth of Field from the Camera. There is only one problem.

I have a 2D Background layer using CC Environment to fill up the Background and since its a 2D layer the DoF effect isn't working on it.

Now I could simply apply fast blur effect to the 2D layer and call it a day.

But I would like the Blur to fit together with the DoF-Blur.

So I thought of turning the Background Layer into a 3D layer and attaching it to the camera at a fixed distance always facing the camera in the same way. And obviously scaling the Layer up, so it fills the entire frame. My Problem is, I have no idea how to pin the layer to the camera in that way. I'm guessing I need some expression to do that, but I'm a little lost when it comes to writing a expression, that does the job.

Edit:
Didn't see a way to delete the post, so I'll just edit this.
I figured out the problem myself the obvious way to just select the camera as parent for the layer and the change the z-value, so it's further back.
That was my original idea to do it too, not sure why it didn't work at first or what I did diffrently the 2nd time around, but anyway I solved my own problem. This thread can be closed or deleted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]