ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Source Text Expression. Write on effect justified right. SourceRectAtTime Box

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Mark Soto
Source Text Expression. Write on effect justified right. SourceRectAtTime Box
on Nov 30, 2017 at 3:50:04 pm
Last Edited By Gerald Mark Soto on Nov 30, 2017 at 4:05:21 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to make type write on via source text. The reason i want to use source text rather then just a simple opacity & position animator is because I also want to apply the expression to a shape layer to perform the (SourceRectAtTime) so i can have a box the same size as the type. But as the type writes on it also gets bigger. And I want the type justified right.

Are there source Text expression that can have a sentence write on? maybe it can be controlled via a slider so each word is an index number?

Help.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Source Text Expression. Write on effect justified right. SourceRectAtTime Box
on Nov 30, 2017 at 5:25:13 pm

Something like this maybe:

s = effect("Slider Control")("Slider").value;
str = "";
txt = value.split(" ");
for (i = 0; i < Math.min(txt.length,s); i++){
str += (i > 0 ? " " : "") + txt[i];
}
str

Dan

Return to posts index

Gerald Mark Soto
Re: Source Text Expression. Write on effect justified right. SourceRectAtTime Box
on Nov 30, 2017 at 5:38:41 pm

BOOM!! Thats it. How about having the ability to have the word as it appears with an opacity of 30% then when the next word appears its at 100%. So as each word appears it starts at 30% then becomes 100% after the next word appears. ????

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on Nov 30, 2017 at 7:13:10 pm

Instead of having a source text expression, you could add an Opacity Animator (set the value to 0%), then add an Expression Selector and delete the Range Selector. On the Expression Selector, set Based On to Words, and add this expression for Amount:

s = Math.round(effect("Slider Control")("Slider").value);
if (textIndex == s)
else if (textIndex < s)
else

Dan

Return to posts index

Gerald Mark Soto
on Nov 30, 2017 at 9:06:28 pm

But i need it to have a expression on the source text because I want a box layer using the SourceRectAtTime expression. The only way SourceRectAtTime works is based on Source text value. I need the size of the box to increase as the sentence pops on.

Return to posts index

Gerald Mark Soto
on Nov 30, 2017 at 9:09:30 pm

Actually, i just combined them both and its doing exactly what i want. I think im good. thanks again seƱor. Your amazing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]