ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

question regarding path points and expressions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dirk de Jong
question regarding path points and expressions
on Nov 16, 2017 at 10:52:20 pm

I've watched a few tutorials and read the AE expression guide regarding the new feature where expressions can now access XY coordinates of path points. I'm trying to figure out how to do something fairly simple (simple to understand conceptually at least...) I'd like to be able to link the path points to a single on screen point control so that moving the OSC point control moves the whole mask equally (a single point control that acts as an offset to move the mask around). And I want the mask itself (the vertices and tangents etc.) to still be editable in the comp window using the AE path editing tools...

My initial attempts at doing this involved using createPath but it seems that using createPath always means it's basically no longer an editable mask. I wonder if there is some way to do this or if defining the path point position is necessarily done entirely by expression OR entirely by the original path UI...

Ordinarily, if I wanted an XY coordinate to be offset by another while maintaining it's own control I might add an expression like value + (thisComp.layer("Red Solid 1").transform.position). I guess I'm looking for the path point equivalent of value +...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]