ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to progressively accelerate a time remapped slideshow with Math.pow(time,y) or other expression

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cesar Siena
How to progressively accelerate a time remapped slideshow with Math.pow(time,y) or other expression
on Nov 16, 2017 at 3:07:02 am

Hello!
A) Expression on the layer itself:
There are 100 sequenced pictures in layer. When I apply time remapping and add Math.pow(time,3) (or any other number) it doesn't accelerate, even when I erase the last time remapping keyframe. When I erase the first (and last remaining) keyframe, the time remapping effect disappears.

B) Expression on the slider controller (inside the null):
The same situation/layer, but now, controlled by a slider controller inside a null. I pickwhip the time remapping of the layer to the slider and add Math.pow(time,3) to the slider. At the layer, I divide the expression by the frame rate (25). Nothing happens.

QUESTION
How to exponentially accelerate this slideshow with expressions?
I know it's possible, I've already seen a project like that, but I remember that there weren't any keyframes at the time remapping line. How was it done?

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: How to progressively accelerate a time remapped slideshow with Math.pow(time,y) or other expression
on Nov 16, 2017 at 6:55:38 am

A) The keyframes shouldn't matter, as the expression replaces the keyframed value (except that they need to be there or Time Remapping gets removed). Did you look at the result in the graph editor? It speeds up for me.

B)
>I divide the expression by the frame rate (25)
That slows things down a bit, but it still speeds up for me.

Dan

Return to posts index

Cesar Siena
Re: How to progressively accelerate a time remapped slideshow with Math.pow(time,y) or other expression
on Nov 16, 2017 at 5:13:41 pm

Hi Dan,
It's an honor to receive an answer from you.
Despite the clear answer, it doesn't work for me. Something might be going wrong. It's the Ae mysteries....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]