expressions calculation sucks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leif falk
expressions calculation sucks
on Oct 20, 2017 at 11:22:48 am
Last Edited By leif falk on Oct 20, 2017 at 11:24:15 am

Hello

I have set up a quite heavy to calculate precomp with hundreds of circles getting an individual position.
In my master comp the precomp sits in the first two seconds (outpoint at second 2).

If I set other things up in the master comp which are far back, lets say at second 10 or something, the precomp has to get calculated again (The green cache line disappears)
This behavior would not occur, if it was a normal precomp without expressions, but for some reason the expressions always have to get recalculated, even though there is no change which affect the precomp.

Are there any setting to improve this bad caching behavior when working with expressions?

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: expressions calculation sucks
on Oct 20, 2017 at 4:26:48 pm

You could try adding this comment to the expression:

// cacheCompareSamplesPerSecond 0

I don't have any experience with it and results for others seem to be mixed, but it might be worth a try. If you try it, please report back.

Dan

Return to posts index

leif falk
Re: expressions calculation sucks
on Oct 20, 2017 at 6:07:27 pm

hi
thanks for your reply.
I have put that line to the layer positions in several precomps of my precomp.
I donĀ“t see any benefit from it. It has to render again although nothing important changed.

But I have more expressions, working with linked colors and also the scale of several layers is linked.
Does every single expression in every layer in every precomp of the precomp need that line?
Would be a lot of work to set up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]