ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

whats the best way to learn how to use expressions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Assaf Goldlust
whats the best way to learn how to use expressions?
on Aug 16, 2017 at 7:41:58 am

i came to the conclusion that i should learn how to use it expression in a more theroughl metter.
what would be the best to do it?
should i start buy learning in javascript or save the time. and learn how it works specificly in relation to AE?

what online courses would you recomend?

Return to posts index

Scott McGee
Re: whats the best way to learn how to use expressions?
on Aug 16, 2017 at 8:01:17 am

I've learnt everything I know from a few individuals on here and youtube.

Main one is Dan, who's website is here.

http://www.motionscript.com/index.html

Dan has here and the adobe forum linked on his website as places of interest and a few other locations to gain and learn expressions and scripts.

To learn the basics, I started with Video Tutorials on youtube. Started with basic expressions like wiggle and time, but my job requires me to use expression everyday, so I get a lot of practice in to develop my own way of writing expressions, but if I struggle. I'll post up what I'm trying to do, followed by the expression I want to use or struggling to use. Then usually within 24 hours someone has replied.

If you don't understand an expression that someone replies...Ask "What does it mean", most of us will explain how it works. Dan's Website is brilliant for breaking down how the expressions work.

So as for starting, video tutorials and practice. Then start looking at Dan's site and these forums and get writing. I know Dan and a few others are far superior at this, and may advise differently, but that's where I started 2 years ago.

Return to posts index

Assaf Goldlust
on Aug 16, 2017 at 5:46:14 pm

if dan is the guy behine motionscripts then helped me a lot more then i knew untill now ^^

any way thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Aug 16, 2017 at 7:50:46 pm

when i first started learning expressions i also found this site helpful (in addition to motion script):
http://www.jjgifford.com/expressions/basics/index.html

the java syntax has evolved since those pages were posted in 2001, but still works.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]