ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Parent Position of a Layer to a Layer in a different Comp with different resolution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timo Mueller
Parent Position of a Layer to a Layer in a different Comp with different resolution
on Aug 8, 2017 at 10:27:13 am

Hey folks,

maybe someone can relieve me of my headache caused by my lack of understanding how to parent the position property of a DUIK-Controller_Null in one comp to a position property of a Solid (which is driven by motion capture data originally in 3D and converted to a 2D-position using toComp() ) in a completely different Comp with a different resolution.

My goal is to drive the entire Character via Duik Auto-Rig Nulls in the comp "Valdemar side" but have these Nulls be controlled by the Solids in the Comp "[..]_TrackWalk".
For a first try, i tried to pickwhip my C_C_PELVIS position to the Position of the Solid which represents the Hip in the Motion Capture Comp but i can't wrap my head around the layer and comp space transforms i have to do in order to achieve my goal.

I uploaded a Screenshots of the two Comps side by side in order to help express my problem. I hope some of you lovely people could help me out, and i hope i described my problem enough to understand it.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Parent Position of a Layer to a Layer in a different Comp with different resolution
on Aug 8, 2017 at 9:02:20 pm

For starters, you need an algorithm that defines the spatial relationship between the two comps. How does a particular position in the null comp relate to a position in the character comp?

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]