ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Auto-sized box under your text. How to control the width and height of that box?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Auto-sized box under your text. How to control the width and height of that box?
on Aug 6, 2017 at 3:47:47 pm

Im doing a motion graphic template in after effect to use in premiere. The goal is to make text with an autoscaling box under it.
While I found a couple of tutorials on how do this but I wish to be able to control the height and width of the backround box separately. I have tried the offset path inside of the shapelier (the background box) and it would worked perfect if only you could scale x and y separately.

But all my attempts have failed.
I was hoping the offset path in the shape layer would do the trick but it only scales uniformly on x and y.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Auto-sized box under your text. How to control the width and height of that box?
on Aug 6, 2017 at 6:43:57 pm

If you're using a rectangle shape, you adjust x and y of the path Size parameter separately.

Dan

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
Re: Auto-sized box under your text. How to control the width and height of that box?
on Aug 6, 2017 at 9:05:09 pm

I tried that but it seams to offset the bg rectangle when typing. This is due to the expressions that scales the bg rectangle based on the characters.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]