ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

link timecode to time remapped layer with hold keyframes after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao Monteiro
link timecode to time remapped layer with hold keyframes after effects
on Jul 5, 2017 at 11:45:42 am

Hi everyone.

I'm having an issue when linking the timecode effected to time remap hold keyframes after effects.
I'm working on some animations and some of the character key poses (animatic stage) come from Anime studio and are being supplied as png sequences.
I'm putting them in varied precomps etc and adding to my world (after effects own timings).

I had to time remap the key poses to match the camera movements and timings I wanted.

Now to make the character animators life easier I have a frame counter of the whole film (maste comp).
But I'm also trying to create an individual frame counter for each character to line up with the Anime studio timeline.

In my head a simple way to do this would be:

- Create a solid over on top of each character layer (index+1) with the time code effect. Displaying frame numbers and lining the timesource with a simple expression.

thisComp.layer(index+1).timeRemap

Works fine but it completely ignores the hold keyframes of my time remap.

Any idea on how to have this frame counter giving back the frame numbers of the layer, including the hold keyframes (time freeze...)??

Thanks in advance.
Joao Monteiro

thisComp.layer(index+1).timeRemap

Return to posts index

Joao Monteiro
Re: link timecode to time remapped layer with hold keyframes after effects
on Jul 5, 2017 at 2:02:51 pm

A work around would be duplicating my layer and precomping it leaving the time-remap on the precomp and not on the precomped footage. This way the frame code would freeze in the same places as the hold keyframes.

But I'm sure there must be a simple way as I have many characters. I hope!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]