ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Layout Expression for Auto Line Break and Spacing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chase Webb
Text Layout Expression for Auto Line Break and Spacing
on Jun 20, 2017 at 12:49:57 pm

Hello all!

I regularly create compositions with scrolling team names for various sports. Right now I'm trying to create a comp with 950+ team names, one per line. As you can imagine it's getting a little tedious. I'm using a single point text box, not fixed width, as I want the text to freely expand the text layer as needed. The text layer's font size is 156 and my line spacing is 850 so only one name is on the screen at a time as they scroll. However, if a team name is too long and falls outside TV safe, I have to manually insert a return then set that next line's spacing to 156 to match the font size so they form a nice two line block.

My question is, would there be an expression to insert a line break after X amount of characters and set that next line to 156 line spacing, all while maintaining 850 line spacing between each team name? This would save me so much time it's ridiculous, but I'm not particularly skilled at AE expressions. Does anyone know of an expression for this or even perhaps a script?

Thanks!
Chase

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]