ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expression for moving several objects off screen on fixed axis but random time?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Olin
Expression for moving several objects off screen on fixed axis but random time?
on Jun 7, 2017 at 12:48:43 pm

Hello everyone,
I have come to the unfortunate realisation that I am a complete mess when it comes to grasping the logics of expressions. I can somewhat understand the fundamentals of it but as soon as something goes haywire I am lost. So I am hoping some friendly soul will help me out so with this, probably very easy, expression.

I have a comp consisting of several lines and columns of a graphic element on appr. 200 separate layers (about 50x4). At a certain point in time the graphic on the top and bottom row should start moving off screen on the y-axis at a seemingly random pace (i.e. maybe the fourth element starts moving, then the 34th, then the 22nd etc). When most of the top and bottom graphics have started moving the two middle lines should start doing the same on the x-axis, overlapping each other as they move to the left and right off screen.

Unfortunately due to legal reasons I can't show you the actual graphics but if I am being unclear please let me know and I will provide a placeholder mockup to illustrate.

I have both searched for solutions by others and borrowed bits and pieces of expressions and tried to control it using sliders but I can't for the life of me get it to work properly so I am crossing my figures that one of you seasoned expression-know it's will write something in the lines of: "Ehhh... are you really that crappy in understanding expressions? All you need to do is write [insert expression here].

Cheers!
/Filip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]