ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Randomized "solid layer" position to fixed locations with speed control

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Burke
Randomized "solid layer" position to fixed locations with speed control
on Jun 2, 2017 at 10:38:20 pm

Hi guys,

I tried searching for something like this, but I think what I’m looking for might be a bit too specific, and I am trying to figure out a way how to maximize my workflow. I’ll try to explain what I am trying to do as clear as possible.

So, I have a 3x3 grid of nine square images (laid out similar to a phone’s button layout) and I need to “highlight” the images one at a time randomly. But I’d like it start off fast, then slow down, to an image of my choosing. Basically, it needs to look random, but I want it to end on a specific image.

As for the highlighting, I was thinking of using a white solid with a glow effect that will fit behind the images and somehow adding an expression that moves it randomly behind each fixed location one at a time. I’m sure there’s a script for that, but is there one that specifically starts off fast and slows down to a specific image?

I hope this is a clear description of what I am trying to achieve. I don't mind doing this manually, but I figured I try to search here first.

Thanks!

Seth

After Effects CC2017
iMac 5k Retina

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]