ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to get the bounding box height width from a precompose collapsed transformation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Otten
Is it possible to get the bounding box height width from a precompose collapsed transformation
on May 30, 2017 at 7:54:06 pm

Think not but maybe:
Is it possible to get the bounding box height/width from a precompose with collapsed transformation on?
After Effects shows the "right" bounding box if collapsed transformation is on.
I really would like this information (height/width)

Return to posts index

Chris Scalzo
Re: Is it possible to get the bounding box height width from a precompose collapsed transformation
on May 30, 2017 at 9:39:04 pm

What you are probably looking for is SourceRecAtTime. Many youtube videos and forum posts explaining it.

var mytext = thisComp.layer(“text”);
;text width = mytext.sourceRectAtTime().width;
;text height = mytext.sourceRectAtTime().height

Return to posts index

Chris Scalzo
Re: Is it possible to get the bounding box height width from a precompose collapsed transformation
on May 30, 2017 at 9:43:18 pm

Ps. This the the pixel dimsions of the text itself. The bounding box the text is inside is not measureable.

Return to posts index

Marc Otten
on May 31, 2017 at 10:12:41 am

I'm not looking for the bounding box for the text but for the composition.
Funny enough After Effects shows this bounding box correctly when activating collapse transformations...
But as I all ready expected this isn't measurable either..

Return to posts index

Marc Otten
on May 31, 2017 at 10:10:02 am

Not I'm not looking for SourceRecAtTime (all ready using that in the precompose)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]