ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

SOLVED - Time paradox impossible to solve? - VIDEO - Key framing an "if" expression in a time remaped pre comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Cristófano
SOLVED - Time paradox impossible to solve? - VIDEO - Key framing an "if" expression in a time remaped pre comp
on Apr 12, 2017 at 9:36:03 pm
Last Edited By Diego Cristófano on Apr 12, 2017 at 10:22:20 pm

I solved it by putting the time remap of the head in the same level of the time remap of the opacity change of the blinking!

-----

It's maybe a bit complex to understand, but certainly won't be difficult if you see it, so here it is a video: https://vimeo.com/212989341

I have a pre comp with several layers and a time development. Outside it, I have a null to control it's time remapping AND another one to control the opacity of those several layers, via an "if" expression linked to the opacity of them.

When no keyframes are recorded, everything works fine. But as soon as I set some key frames to the null that controls the opacity the opacity gets fixed in the last value, no matter how much key frames I add nor their value.

Let me explain in concrete:

The pre comp is a head turn drawn frame by frame outside ae. Over it I have two layers of eye blink, with the same turn. The idea being that with a null I could control de turn via time remap (done) and with another null I could control wich of the remapped layers will be visible.

As I said, everything works as desired till adding key frames to the blink controller. I am suspecting that, when adding key frames I somehow fix the time of the precomp that it's also related to the turn, so I can't have the same turn instant with two different opacity configurations....

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!

Diego

I am using this expression:

if(comp("julen alta ac merged").layer("parpadeo 2").transform.scale[1] > 50 || comp("julen alta ac merged").layer("parpadeo 2").transform.scale[1] &lt; 25 ) 0 else 100;

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]