How to fill a line graph

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Menno Wisselink
How to fill a line graph
on Mar 23, 2017 at 12:17:09 pm
Last Edited By Menno Wisselink on Mar 23, 2017 at 12:23:07 pm

Hello cows!

Got this simple graph, the shapes and lines are generated using the ConnectLayers script.
Might be good to add: Every line is a separate layer.

My question; Is there any way to fill the space underneath the lines (example below).

Not filled:

What im trying to achieve by using expressions:

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: How to fill a line graph
on Mar 23, 2017 at 4:09:57 pm

the easy way is to simply use the pen tool to make a shape layer or a mask on another layer that is the shape that you need.

I'm not familiar with the script that you are using, but if it connects all the layers in a way that is all on one layer (like consecutive beam effects all on one layer, or creates a shape layer that connects them) you might be able to add two more layers at the bottom of the graph to complete the shape and runs the script again to create a second layer that connect them all. then, if it's a shape layer, you could just set a fill color and turn off the outline, or if it's a series of beam effects on a single layer, you could try adding the paint bucket effect to fill the shape made by the beams and then set the paint bucket effect from 'normal' to 'fill only' (in the option at the bottom of the effect settings) to hid the 'lines' and leave only the filled in a area.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Lars Jandel
Re: How to fill a line graph
on Mar 23, 2017 at 9:51:51 pm

Hi Menno,

looking at the graph, a workaround came to my mind: The fill could be subdivided in five vertical blocks, a corner pin effect applied to each of them. The two upper corners could be animated / attached to your moving points. Please have look, if that works: This is a manual set up - I guess, some experts could automate it…

Cheers, Lars.

11168_ljgraphexperiment.aep.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]