ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cyclist animation - use expression to slave a DUIK rigged character to a motion path of pedaling

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine Edwards
Cyclist animation - use expression to slave a DUIK rigged character to a motion path of pedaling
on Mar 6, 2017 at 2:09:55 am

I'm trying to animate a DUIK rigged stick figure on a bike pedaling. My left and right foot controllers are slaved to a Null layer with a pasted ellipse motion path right where the chain rings would be. So far the animation looks good, the legs pedal around in a circle, but the legs are in unison. Is there an expression I can use to stagger the two legs? The comp is two seconds long, that I plan to loop in other comps.

I am not familiar with expression other than wiggle.
-Christy

Macbook 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i7 / 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 1024 MB graphics / Apple Thunderbolt Display /
OS X 10.8.4

Return to posts index

Victor Mayorga
Re: Cyclist animation - use expression to slave a DUIK rigged character to a motion path of pedaling
on Mar 8, 2017 at 4:53:16 am

I have tried something like this before with flapping objects and I did not want them to flap exactly at the same time. What I did was I just moved one set of key frames over a few frames so that they did not land on the same spots at the exact time. Now they would still MOVE at the same rate/speed but one would either be more ahead or behind the other.

If you want them to randomly change rate/speed, so that sometimes the left is faster than the right or the right faster than left at times that might be a more tricky to do IMO.
I assume since your using a circle path to have the Nulls rotate around there should be a few points in the path. Maybe turning a few keyframes into easy ease? ease in or maybe out so that the rate is slower/faster on some parts of the circle vs others?

Hope this helps.

Visual Effects & Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]