ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Avoid camera shifting. Wiggle expression and layer index relationship.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kilroy ae
Avoid camera shifting. Wiggle expression and layer index relationship.
on Mar 1, 2017 at 2:46:12 pm

Hello. I have the project file already setup and there is no (even slightly) changes i want to make to the camera position.

Problem: i have the camera parented to the null object with the wiggle expression applied to it (to the null). The null object itself is manually animated with just two keyframes. When i bake the position property it bakes the expression and the animation both. Is there any way to just bake the expression only, because i want to be able to modify the animation in future?

1) I have the camera shifting when i add a new layer (i know it beacause of the layer index changing). So i cant add new layers to the comp.
2) When i try to add the "seedRandom (any number)" code on top of the wiggle line it works in terms of braking layer index and wiggle expression relationship, but the camera postion shifting as well.

I want the "seedRandom (magic number)" to perfectly match the current camera position i have before i add the seedRandom line. Any advices? i want to get away from this trap 😠

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Avoid camera shifting. Wiggle expression and layer index relationship.
on Mar 1, 2017 at 5:48:00 pm

>I want the "seedRandom (magic number)" to perfectly match the current camera position i have before i add the seedRandom line.

As I recall, the magic number is layer index (for where the layer was when you liked the movement) minus 1.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]