ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expression (with angle control?) to 'cycle back through' slider values using keyframes.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Brunsdon
Expression (with angle control?) to 'cycle back through' slider values using keyframes.
on Feb 24, 2017 at 6:30:08 pm

Hello!

I am an absolute beginner when it comes to expressions or the remotely technical side of AE so apologies if this is simple.

I'm using a script called 'Joysticks 'n' Sliders' that, in my case, creates a slider that controls the scale,position and rotation properties of a shape layer between two poses/extremities. What I'd like to do is have some kind of expression that links the value of the slider to an angle control, so I can cycle back through the slider values or something similar. At the moment I can only change the value of the slider from -100 to 100 (so moving between the two poses); but what I'd like to be able to do is, when the value of the slider goes beyond -100 or 100, that it 'cycles'.
For example:
if
-100=X
0= Y
100= Z

At the moment if I move the slider beyond 100 it stays at Z; thought what I'm trying to figure out is if there's a way that it can continue the cycle allowing me to have more momentum and multiple 'turns' in my animation. So rather than stopping at 100 'Z', if the slider was moved to 200 it would go back to 'Y', 300 back to 'X', 400 back to 'Y' again, 500 to 'Z' etc.

Maybe a visual will help- https://dribbble.com/shots/2804524-Two-Faced).
It's just animating something like this with shape layers but wanting greater control of the acceleration/decleration of the position and scaling properties.

Hopefully someone can make sense of that. Any help would be really appreciated as I am lost, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]