ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expression: Change stroke color over time on Radio Wave Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lee
Expression: Change stroke color over time on Radio Wave Effect
on Jan 20, 2017 at 3:52:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm attempting to simulate radio waves emanating from a radio tower and want the stroke color of each wave to start in red and then change to grey over its lifetime. Is there an expression that I can use on the Color attribute to simulate this?

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Expression: Change stroke color over time on Radio Wave Effect
on Jan 20, 2017 at 7:01:54 pm

I'm not sure how you would do it. I haven't used Radio Waves much so I might be wrong about this, but it looks like each wave is assigned the current color at birth and is stuck with that color over its lifespan.

Dan

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jan 20, 2017 at 7:59:15 pm

yep. no way i can think of to do that with radio waves...

you could do it with a particle system, or simply animating a circle (either shape layer or circle effect) and then animating the scale and color of the outline. then you can add the echo effect to create time-offset copies of that animation to make it similar to radio waves.

using the circle effect has the bonus of easily maintaining the line thickness (the shape layer method would need to adjust the line weight as it scales).

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Emre Anil
on Jan 22, 2017 at 1:38:34 am

create a layer under your Radio Waves layer with a Gradient Ramp Effect from red to green (starting point should be at the RW's center) and set it's track matte to Radio Wave's alpha..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]