ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Simple "pixel style" mouth animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Magnus HellmenSimple "pixel style" mouth animation
by on Jan 6, 2017 at 1:32:19 pm

Hello, first post here, I'm trying to transition to AE from Moho because I find Moho too buggy and inconsistent.

I do pixel-art style animation where a character's mouth is just alternating rectangle shapes with different colours. One for mouth open, one for closed. My goal is to animate this automatically using the .wav dialogue file. In Moho I had a switch layer where I would manually select the mouth based on the audio, which is tedious.

I've been trying to experiment with a two-valued slider that would be at either 0 (mouth closed shape) or 1 (mouth open) depending on the amplitude of the audio waveform but I can't get it to work.

But then I thought maybe there's an easier way to do this. Like have a square shape in AE that changes opacity based on the amplitude.

I'm coming at this from a life of no scripting so I'm struggling to think more like a programmer.

Any suggestions on how to solve this, I'm sure, simple problem would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jerry D'ArtsRe: Simple "pixel style" mouth animation
by on Jan 8, 2017 at 12:35:49 am

Hi Magnus, snap this is my first post too.

But hopefully this will help, and its a script called AutoLypSync I tried it today since I needed to do he same thing.
It's pretty straight forward and basically steps you through the process, have to say it does a pretty good job.

I downloaded a trial from aescripts.com and costs about $40

Return to posts index

Magnus HellmenRe: Simple "pixel style" mouth animation
by on Jan 8, 2017 at 1:51:07 pm

Great, thanks. For now I've solved it simply by connecting the open_mouth image opacity value to the keyframe slider created from the audio waveform. That way it blinks in sync with the dialogue which look pixel-tacky enough for my purposes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]