ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Conflict with checkbox controlers to control various color corrections layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Villarino
Conflict with checkbox controlers to control various color corrections layers
on Dec 21, 2016 at 9:01:45 am

Hello there,

I have a comp with three adjustment layers. Each one applies a different color correction. In order to control them I have added a fourth adjustment layer called Cutomize_image with four checkbox controllers. If checked, they activate each color correction or none of them out of opacity. In this control layer I also have a couple of sliders controlling the scale of a shape in the bottom of the comp, in order to crop the footage preserving underlaying transparency. All seem to work fine, but for some reason in some cases when I am adjusting the Height or Width from this sliders the check from color correction jumps by its own to activate other one.

I do not know why I am experiencing this conflict as long as the cropping and the color correction are not related anyhow. I am running CS5 on Yosemite 10.10.5.

Any thoughts? This is the code and a test video with this conflict. Thanks in advance!

https://vimeo.com/diegomograph/test_error

Customize_image (adjustment layer)

Heigth (slider):
clamp(value,0,100)

Width (slider):
clamp(value,0,100)

CC_Sepia (checkbox):
if(effect("CC_Cold")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Gradient")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Original")(1)==1) 0 else 1;

CC_Cold (checkbox):
if(effect("CC_Sepia")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Gradient")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Original")(1)==1) 0 else 1;

CC_Gradient (checkbox):
if(effect("CC_Sepia")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Cold")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Original")(1)==1) 0 else 1;

CC_Original (checkbox):
if(effect("CC_Sepia")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Cold")(1)==1 || effect("CC_Original")(1)==1) 0 else 1;

CC_Sepia (adjustment layer):
if(thisComp.layer("Customize_image").effect("CC_Sepia")(1)==1) 100 else 0;

CC_Cold (adjustment layer):
if(thisComp.layer("Customize_image").effect("CC_Cold")("Checkbox")==1) 100 else 0;

CC_Gradient (adjustment layer):
if(thisComp.layer("Customize_image").effect("CC_Gradient")(1)==1) 100 else 0;

Original footage:
if(thisComp.layer("Customize_image").effect("CC_Original")(1)==1) 100 else 0;

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Conflict with checkbox controlers to control various color corrections layers
on Dec 21, 2016 at 5:34:03 pm

It looks like you have the checkbox expressions set up in dependency loops, where expressions are dependent on each other, which is inherently unpredictable.

Dan

Return to posts index

Diego Villarino
Re: Conflict with checkbox controlers to control various color corrections layers
on Dec 22, 2016 at 12:11:58 pm

I see. Can I set up those checkboxes any other way to scape from that crazy loop?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on Dec 22, 2016 at 5:09:26 pm

Trying simulate radio control buttons with checkbox controls isn't a good idea IMO. You can get it to sort of work, most of the time, but it's not dependable. A better approach might be to create a pseudo effect dropdown list, but that's a different conversation.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]