ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Random Name Selector for Prize Animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Hammond
Random Name Selector for Prize Animation
on Dec 1, 2016 at 12:21:50 am

Hi all,

I am hoping somebody can help as I have been racking my brain about this, and I may be missing something simple.

I have a client that wanted me to create an animation for a prize draw. There are 16 winners and 16 prizes. The 16 winners have already been picked and are static on the screen. I need to allocate the 1 prize to each of the 16 winners in a completely random fashion, so if I run the script again it will have a completely different out come. It needs be completely random for legal reasons.

What I have created already is the following. The names of the prize scramble after the name of the winner for 3 seconds then moves on to the next winners name with the animation repeating until 16 prizes have been distributed randomly. The trouble is the way I have set this up is that the same prize appears at the same time every time I run it and have been informed that it is not random enough.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get around this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Random Name Selector for Prize Animation
on Dec 1, 2016 at 2:24:26 am

You said "script" but did you mean expression? A script should give you a different sequence each time.

Dan

Return to posts index

Chris Hammond
on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:04:00 am

Hi Dan,

Yes I meant expression. I am just trying to get different results each time it runs for specified period of time, say 3 seconds. Any advice?

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:22:33 am

Not really, unless you're willing to do it with a script.

Dan

Return to posts index

Chris Hammond
on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:24:35 am

Willing to do it with script if you're able to help.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on Dec 1, 2016 at 6:49:11 am

What does your expression look like? Maybe you could do it by just tying your random seed to a slider. Adjust the slider, get different results.

Dan

Return to posts index

Chris Hammond
on Dec 1, 2016 at 9:46:37 pm

All figured out, thanks dan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]