ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

matching cuts to beat of song...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
preditor ron
matching cuts to beat of song...
on Mar 19, 2006 at 7:41:18 pm

we're cutting a show open, and the music was produced for it. i want to go with the beats of music as cut points. i work in fcp, and ae v7...

what's the best way to do this?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Jack Black
Re: matching cuts to beat of song...
on Mar 19, 2006 at 8:28:46 pm

You might want to look into Trapcode SoundKeys http://www.trapcode.com/products_soundkeys.html

Return to posts index

yikesmikes
on Mar 19, 2006 at 8:34:02 pm

Here's four ways to get the beat (to make the cuts):

1)
Filip Vandueren
Date: Jan 1, 2006 at 4:05:40 am
Subject: BPM based markers: a script

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=86...

bpmMarkers: http://www.vandueren.be/forumstuff/jsx/bpmMarkers.jsx

2)The old fashioned way:

RAM Preview (press "0" on the numeric pad, or sound preview (press the "." on the numeric pad) and then you press the "*" key (again numeric pad) when you here each beat, when you're done, there will be a marker at each beat.

3)Select the layer with the audio, then Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Convert Audio to Keyframes, and you get a new layer above, the "Audio Amplitude Layer", scroll down the graph, useful if you want to use Expressions to tie Effect animations to the audio.

$ and the simpilest, select the layer with audio, hit "LL" and you get the Audiowaveform of the layer, you should see the beats, then go down the timeline, and with the "*" (numeric) you can set markers for cues to cuts.

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
on Mar 19, 2006 at 10:26:16 pm

If you are working in FCP, it would probably be far easier to cut it to the audio there, wouldn't it?

Return to posts index

Zander
on Mar 19, 2006 at 10:44:09 pm

ok, well this is something i do often, and if their's a fancy plugin or program, thats wicked awsome (as they say in new jersey) but im also a student which means im over budget for a project when i drink more thne half my dr pepper.

between doing this in aftereffetcs and fcp, fcp is far easier, with easier time scrolling (in my opinion) it's much quicker, i did a 15 second 22 cut segment in my last project, i tried doing some of it in a.e. cause there were otherthing i needed to do to the footage.

id say spend some time marking things in fcp, learn your left and right arrows, or get a jog and shuttel wheel.

now allthis is my opinion, and that 15 seconds took me about 45 min to do, mind you those cuts where extremly rapid, your's probably won't be to bad.

mind you it's all what you and your machine are comfortable with

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]