ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

problem with Shine!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank van mourik
problem with Shine!
on Mar 14, 2006 at 1:06:00 pm

Hi there!

I made a 3d television in AE and now i whant the image on the tv to show it's lightrays. I found a tutorial in Trapcode.com that explance how to create 3d rays with an null an expression and a adjustment layer. It works fine if you only juse one layer but with more layers the adjustment layer is applyed to all of them (i know it does that!) Is there maby a expression you can give an adjustment layer so it only works on that layer! Oh i can't reorganize my layers because my screen than comes behined the rest of the layers.

can anyone help? And sorry for my bad english!

thanx a lot
Frank

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: problem with Shine!
on Mar 14, 2006 at 3:29:15 pm

One possible solution:
Duplicate your comp, delete all the layers except the television screen, do the Trapcode tutorial.
Then, in your main comp, hide your tv screen layer and place your tv_screen comp in the composition. (NOT as a 3d layer)

Another solution:
Make your tv screen image be much brighter then the other layers (it probably is anyway, right?), do the Trapcode tutorial, use the threshold parameter in Shine to make it only affect really bright things (your screen).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great)

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Matt Larson
Re: problem with Shine!
on Mar 15, 2006 at 8:19:59 pm

What if instead of using an adjustment layer for Shine, put the Shine effect directly onto the layer you want the rays. Then apply the "grow bounds" (or something like that - sorry my AE machine is rendering right now) effect in the image control menu to that Shine layer to avoid the rays getting cut off. Depending how long your rays are it might take a while to render, but I think it'd be easier to manage than putting it in another comp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]