I searched the forums but didn't find quite the answer that I am looking for. I'm working on an animation where there is text on screen (one word), and I'd like to swap out the source text from an array of words (preferably located in an external file) in the order they are in, with the ability to keyframe the rate of change (slider?) so I can speed up the rate of change or stop it completely. I'm new to expressions, but I know that this woud be much easier accomplished through an expression rather than keyframing it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Hey I just did my research on your problem and came up with a solution.
Following are the steps:
1. Create a text file and place it in D: drive (for ease of access)
2. Add your words in the text file in the following format: x = ["Courage", "Strength", "Valor", "Dedication", "And So On..."];
3. Save and close the text file.
4. Add Slider Control to your text layer in AE and name it "Change Rate (Speed)"
5. Add the following expression in the Source Text property of your text layer
myPath = "/d/file.txt";
x = $.evalFile (myPath);
rate = time*effect("Change Rate (Speed)")("Slider");
len = x.length;
for(i = 0; i < len; i++)