ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Linking opacity expression wiggle with brightness

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Linking opacity expression wiggle with brightness
on Jan 24, 2013 at 10:21:44 am

Hi,

I've got one layer with a wiggle(4,100) and I have pick whipped it to a brightness effect (brightness and contrast) on another layer. I am gathering it's not working because the values are different, % vs no.

How to I change it to get it to work AND change the subtly of the effect, meaning that when the wiggle goes to say 4% opacity, the brightness value is not so dark you cannot see the image?

Thank you!

thisComp.layer("Audience Retention").effect("Brightness & Contrast")("Brightness")

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Vojtěch Palme
Re: Linking opacity expression wiggle with brightness
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:02:38 pm

That depends on what you aplyed the wiggle to. If you've aplyed to position, that has 2 values, you cannot just pick whip brightness to entire position, but only to one of its values.
If you want both X and Y pos. to affect the brightness you can do something like this:

val = thisComp.layer("wiggling layer").transform.position[0]+thisComp.layer("wiggling layer").transform.position[1]/2; //evridge of the position x,y values
linear(val,1100,1300,-30,100) //this changes the resoult values (1100 and 1300 were my resoult values) to range between -30 and 100 (bright enaugh)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]