ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

jagged results with wave warp effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Chudy
jagged results with wave warp effect
on Dec 18, 2005 at 4:40:37 pm

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this problem I am having. I wish to use the wave warp effect with the sine setting on a pretty high resolution layer (HD 1920x1080). When I crank the wave height settings any higher than 60 (my desired settings would be 120) with the wave width settings up high (900) I get some VERY jagged results. Some strange stairstepping effect that is totally unacceptable. The effect's anti-aliasing setting is set to high. I thought maybe the quality was on draft, or that it wouldn't render that way, but it does and there seems to be no way for me to resolve this uglyness. I could not find any other plugin that may do the same thing better (I like having control over the speed in my expressions).

Is this just a bad limitation of this effect? Is there any suggested workaround or alternatte effect that I can buy to generate smoother sine wave curves?

Thanks in advance for any help.
stu

Return to posts index

jab vent
Re: jagged results with wave warp effect
on May 18, 2011 at 4:05:08 pm

Hi
I've got the same problem with Wave Warp plug in applied to a text layer. The antialiasing function in the plug in seems to make no difference on medium or high.
I'm on a job am wondering what to do. Did you find a work around?
I'm looking at various blur and light zoom filters to try and cover it up but the client doesn't
want any blurring— Ugh
Anyone else have this problem or found a solution? I'm using after effects CS4

Return to posts index

Andy Sapp
on Feb 15, 2013 at 5:22:29 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have run into this issue as well.

I would love to know if you guys found a workaround, or if there is an alternate plugin I can buy that wouldn't stair-step the aliasing so bad at the higher heights/widths of the sine wave.

Andy Sapp
http://www.andysapp.com

Return to posts index

Andy Sapp
on Feb 18, 2013 at 3:47:49 pm

Also, I don't know why this thread is in the expressions section.

Andy Sapp
http://www.andysapp.com

Return to posts index

Luther Himes
on Jun 28, 2017 at 2:25:53 pm

So, as far I can find there isn't an actual 'fix' for this; the aliasing options don't do anything. But, my workaround I just found is to drop a Median effect on top of it and crank the radius up a bit until things smooth out. This won't work for everything- for instance, I think the background can't be alpha- but it can fix some situations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]