I applied some tracking info to a null and through a smooth() on the position to, smooth it out obviously. But later in my workflow ive needed to value+position pickwhip that null to another null upstream, i typed .smooth after my pickwhipped position line and got no error but also got no visible result. How can i still use my smooth function value while adding/pickwhipping to another layers position?
smooth() is like wiggle in that its result includes the value of the property. To isolate the effect of smooth() you need to subtract value. Then you can add it to any other position -generating expression. So the isolation part looks like this:
Hi. I know I'm 5 years late to the party, but maybe someone still has this issue. My solution was to:
1. offset the value so that it stays in the 0-360 range
2. convert expression to keyframes
3. apply the smooth() expression
4. convert expression to keyframes
5. offset the value back so you get the original range, but with the smooth expression applied ()
Hope it helps!