FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing After Effects with alpha's over live video

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kurt murphy
Playing After Effects with alpha's over live video
on Apr 17, 2006 at 8:59:16 pm

playing After Effects movies w/alphas over live video

We just upgraded from beta decks to Avid for our news editing. It's great because I can now export my After Effects animations with an alpha channel and use them seamlessly within the Avid over video. We also run our opens right from the Avid and things look so much better.

What I want to do is to be able to run bumps and tags over LIVE video, but the Avid doesn't export an alpha channel into ParkerVision (sigh, we use parrkerVision here). We have an old Chyron Infinit and Decocast... But both are extremely cumbersome to set up (especially on the fly).

What's out there that will play an After Effects movie in real-time over live video (and generate some text)? I've looked at the Chyron Jazz and it seems to do some things; but it would be nice if it could also import Photoshop layered files.

thanks,

kurt murphy
WIVBTV

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: Playing After Effects with alpha's over live video
by
on Apr 17, 2006 at 11:24:16 pm

If you're careful about LEVELS, you can just record the animations/graphics to tape (or on-air playback system) and KEY them in the video switcher via LUMINANCE KEY.

This will work as long as all of the video you want to key is above a certain black-level.
(i.e. make sure your graphics sitting are over "zero black" as a background.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]