Forum look great, tons of info, looks like I´ve found home!:-)
I use Sony Pro11! I have some Pre Keyed Footage, some with black and some with grey background. How can I make the back ground transparent? I´ve tried almost all the options in composting mode and played around with the properties, Alpha channel settings :-( I guess its just not my day!? I realize I can use the chroma keyer but I´m sure there is another way as the clips are already pre-keyed. A link to a tutorial on this would make my day.
Appreciate some direction here and thank you in advance for taking the time to answer such a trivial question.
Re: Pre Keyed Footage by John Rofrano on Sep 18, 2012 at 2:48:06 pm
[Nigel Phillips]"I use Sony Pro11! I have some Pre Keyed Footage, some with black and some with grey background. How can I make the back ground transparent?"
You want to use a Luma Key but Vegas Pro doesn't have one (Boris Continuum Complete does but I assume you want to do this in Vegas alone). You can achieve the same thing in Vegas but you need to make your own mask. Here's how:
What you need to do is create a mask from the footage and then apply that back to the footage using the Multiply (Mask) compositing mode:
(1) Duplicate the footage on a track above
(2) Add the Sony Mask Generator to the footage on the top track.
(3) Adjust the High In parameter until you see a complete Black & White mask
(4) Change the Compositing Mode of this top track to Multiply (Mask)
(5) Press Make Compositing Child in the track header of the original track below
The black should now be transparent and show the track below. Like this: