FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avisynth and DGMPGDec - Old School - What now?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Paul Benson
Avisynth and DGMPGDec - Old School - What now?
on Jun 22, 2020 at 4:33:50 pm

How time flies. Ten years ago I posted this 'tutorial' for some good compression from a DV source to DVD using Premiere, Encore, Avisynth, DGIndex, and HCEncode. https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/867940

I've used that technique off-and-on, and find myself with another DVD creation (this is a family project and is the default medium for friends and family). The process I used really does generate some nice compression. However, when I went to go see if there had been updates to the various tools, apparently I have been left behind and many are no longer supported, and thus I assume better tools and methods exist.

So, can anyone point me to the common (free) tools that are equivalent to the ones I used in the past? I have a PC running Windows 10 and the Adobe CS6 suite.

I did a quick search in this forum for 'DVD' and I see handbrake and ffmpeg seem to still be alive. I've used them both in the past, but not recently. Just curious if there are some new best practices using free tools.

Thanks,
Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]