FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accumulating compressor mxf files

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian paterson
Accumulating compressor mxf files
on Jan 12, 2019 at 2:28:25 am

I have been trying to work out how to use compressor and to be honest it's not the most intuitive programme and things that I wanted to access were not obviously to hand. After many many hours of searching for advice on how to use it I gave up and spent four or five hours for the second night running scrutinising it and clicking on this and that with lots of spinning balls and restarts etc for hours on end until finally I worked out where thing were and what did what.

I set it up to output a test I wanted to make for uploading stuff to You tube but I just wanted a file on my desktop to look at for quality purposes. When it came to the end of the process I was asked to sign into a google account in order to access compressor and give permissions to them etc etc. WHAT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S GOT TO DO WITH THEM I'M JUST MAKING SOME PERSONAL TESTS.
Any way I went back into compressor and tried a few more things. a few more spinning balls a few more restarts etc and still just clicking around to find out how it works.

Now to the point. - I don't know what I did but compressor just keeps churning out MXF files ( I don't even know what an MXF file is.)
I have shut compressor down, I have shut fcpx down I have shut everything down, I have turned the computer off too but nothing seems to work.
As soon as I turn the computer back on it start churning these files out again.
In the last twenty minutes I have acquired 145 files at 77 gigabytes and still I can hear the fans working to cool down the processors which are working overtime to keep up.
Can anyone help me as there is nothing in any searching around that addresses this problem. Not even one similar experience.
I don't know how long this will go on for. The best I can do for now is to shut my Mac down for the night but I am worried it will just start up again in the morning when I re start.

Please help me stop it if you can
Thanks BRIAN.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Accumulating compressor mxf files
on Jan 15, 2019 at 3:05:36 pm

RippleTraining Digital Distribution and Encoding with Compressor costs all of $19.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Accumulating compressor mxf files
on Jan 15, 2019 at 3:11:04 pm

Presets couldn't be much more intuitive and there's always the Help menu too. That links to the complete User Guide (manual).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]