FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Compressor Output a QuickTime Movie from a Series of Still Images?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kozick
Can Compressor Output a QuickTime Movie from a Series of Still Images?
on Jun 14, 2018 at 2:01:31 pm

Hello,

I'm presently generating a number of rendered PNGs from Maxon C4D. The final output format I want is QuickTime. I'm currently importing the PNGs into After Effects and outputting them as a QuickTime movie.

My question is if it is possible to do the same thing After Effects is doing by taking a series of stills and outputting them as a QuickTime movie in Compressor? I asked this question in the Final Cut forum regarding Final Cut and was advised to use Compressor to do this.

Please let me know if Compressor is capable of rendering a series of stills into a QuickTime Movie, and if so how to do it.

Thanks!

James

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Can Compressor Output a QuickTime Movie from a Series of Still Images?
on Jun 14, 2018 at 3:24:26 pm

Generally Compressor can handle image sequences on input and can encode them to another codec .mov.

Return to posts index

James Kozick
on Jun 14, 2018 at 5:04:18 pm

I'm going to be importing the output QuickTime movie into Final Cut. There are so many output setting options available. What would be the best output setting option to use?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 14, 2018 at 5:26:13 pm

[James Kozick] "What would be the best output setting option to use?"

There is no "best." It really depends on what you need. ProRes 4444 might be "best" at whatever frame rate you need and whatever frame size you need or want for creative purposes (time lapse frames my be larger than some video frame sizes).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]