FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optimal Intermediate Codec/Wrapper for Best YouTube/Vimeo upload and playback?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Hecht
Optimal Intermediate Codec/Wrapper for Best YouTube/Vimeo upload and playback?
on Mar 16, 2017 at 12:54:32 am
Last Edited By Ed Hecht on Mar 16, 2017 at 12:56:50 am

THIS QUESTION RELATES TO EXPORT FROM PP CC ON WINDOWS 10...

I am at my wit's end with mangled videos, mostly on YouTube. I know folks recommend uploading Quicktime/ProRes. But as you already know, exporting to ProRes from Premiere on Windows isn't possible. So what are my options for optimal playback? Currently, exporting to H.264 (.mp4), even with matching the source bitrate (in this case 45Mbps) isn't cutting it. Workflow/settings in Adobe Media Encoder would be especially helpful. Thank you in advance!

Related... I know Vimeo is considered "the filmmaker's choice" for hosting their content. And generally the content IS superior (both in terms of content and image quality). I know that at least some of the superior image quality is due to many of these folks knowing their craft. But is there a difference in compression "aggressiveness" between the two services?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Optimal Intermediate Codec/Wrapper for Best YouTube/Vimeo upload and playback?
on Mar 16, 2017 at 1:53:49 am

Have you read YouTube's recommendations?

Return to posts index

Ed Hecht
Re: Optimal Intermediate Codec/Wrapper for Best YouTube/Vimeo upload and playback?
on Mar 16, 2017 at 5:40:58 pm

Thanks. This is a good start!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 16, 2017 at 8:09:29 pm

Little things like using High Profile (some encoders default to Main) and CABAC entropy (some encoders default to CAVLC) can make a difference. Also Key Frame rate (GOP) being half the frame rate can also help improved quality.

Return to posts index

Ed Hecht
on Mar 16, 2017 at 9:41:33 pm

Thanks, Craig. Yes, looks like AME only drops to CAVLC entropy at the Baseline profile. Got that covered with High and Level 5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]