FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor 4.0

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Bruder
Apple Compressor 4.0
on Jan 2, 2017 at 4:03:55 pm

Members:

HELP! I've run into a problem with Compressor 4.0 in the encoding phase. I've looked thru the posts and tried whatever suggestions were there but no luck.

I've tried several different projects by loading a QT movie -1920X1080 30fps ( one hour duration) and tried either making a DVD or a Blu-ray. With the DVD I let it run for 4 hours and with the Blu-ray I gave up after 9 hours. The progress meter went to about 1/2 scale in 2 hours and essentially has not moved past that point in both cases, however the timer is running so its doing something.

I have Toast 14 and the same file encodes to Blu-ray using same data avg and max rates and even encoding twice for best motion. So we know its not the file. DVD takes about an hour and Blu-ray is under 2 hours. I know toast is using MPEG-4 while Apple products use H.264 which I prefer and looks better.

Anyone have any thoughts here as to what's wrong. This is very frustrating.
I'm using a late 2013 Mac with 3.33GHz processor and 8-cores, 32Gb ram, and 30 Tb array for storage

Fred B

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Apple Compressor 4.0
on Jan 4, 2017 at 6:17:12 am

The current version of Compressor is 4.3. Perhaps you should update. Updates include bug fixes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]