FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression for HD program

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Graves
Compression for HD program
on Dec 17, 2016 at 8:28:59 pm

My work just upgraded our studio equipment to record HD in 1080p. We air meetings live and then repost them on our website and re-air them on a local cable channel. The files are recorded in Pro Res 422 LT then I edit out breaks in FCPX(the latest version). Once finished, I compress using apple's Compresser. The on-line format needs to be mp4(what doesn't) and I use Quicktime for the playback on our Tightrope Media server(sxhd2) for TV. My question is, what are some guidelines some of you may use to get maximum image quality but lesser file size for both?

For the web, I'm trying to get a small file size that loads quicker on phones and devices not on the wireless. BTW, the resolution is dropped from 1920 by 1080 to 854b by 480

As for the cable channel, I want a good quality image to air on our cable channel at a smaller size for the Tightrope server.

Any input is greatly appreciated especially about bit rate. Thanks.

Kyle Graves

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compression for HD program
on Dec 17, 2016 at 9:10:51 pm

[Kyle Graves] "My question is, what are some guidelines some of you may use to get maximum image quality but lesser file size for both? "

File size is controlled by bit rate (times duration) but for maximum quality (which may allow you to cheat the bit rate down) is Quicktime: settings H.264 multi pass , H.264 profile: High. Entropy mode: CABAC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]