FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4.3: Failed 3x Crash Service Down

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher McDonell
Compressor 4.3: Failed 3x Crash Service Down
on Dec 9, 2016 at 5:40:31 am

I'm trying to transcode a 124 min. ProRes fully rendered file into H.264, and it keeps failing! However... I can successfully transcode the entire project in parts. In an effort to root out the problem, I tried transcoding the first 60 minutes. Successful! Then the second half. Successful again. Is it due to the length of the piece that I'm having problems? I'm tempted to try 119 minutes. But I've been on this all day and it takes time and I need the full piece transcoded!

What's the deal?

It's a QT Reference file from FCP 6.0.6. I didn't have this problem before or with other projects sharing the same specs.

Chris

My specs: FCP 6.0.6, El Capitan, rMBP 15" i7 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compressor 4.3: Failed 3x Crash Service Down
on Dec 9, 2016 at 3:15:05 pm

If the full duration fails but short sections encode, it could be memory related. The Studio suite was only 32 bit. Using a reference movie might compound the problem. Do a full ProRes export first.

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
Re: Compressor 4.3: Failed 3x Crash Service Down
on Dec 9, 2016 at 6:31:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Graig. I read somewhere in my problem-solving that vs 4.3 was causing headaches to others and that a rollback to 4.2.2 might be the solution. So I did that and voila, first attempt, success!

I've had now to rollback both Motion and Compressor, both of which had subtle changes that were causing me problems. What's up with that?

My specs: FCP 6.0.6, El Capitan, rMBP 15" i7 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]