FORUMS: list search recent posts

From pc to compact flash

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
From pc to compact flash
on Dec 5, 2016 at 11:13:43 pm
Last Edited By Ricardo Marty on Dec 5, 2016 at 11:18:52 pm

How can I send video to a compact flash from the computer like if it was recording from a camera.

•Computer _Windows
Operating system_windows 7 or 10 Latest for both)
•Software used including version number_ Need to find a solution
•Source code_ (hdv)
•Destination codec_ (to compact flash)
•Type of destination use_ client storage

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: From pc to compact flash
on Dec 8, 2016 at 6:40:39 pm

[Ricardo Marty] "Destination codec_ (to compact flash)"
Compact Flash isn't a codec. It's a storage medium.

[Ricardo Marty] "like if it was recording from a camera"
I don't see the logic to this which may be one reason for the lack of response.
Generally it ranges from difficult to impossible to replicate the file structure of most cameras with valid metadata.
Generally there's no reason to do this unless one is forced to playback from the camera and that's rarely needed.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Dec 8, 2016 at 10:55:44 pm
Last Edited By Ricardo Marty on Dec 8, 2016 at 10:56:57 pm

The client said he wanted that way, I told him that would try if there was a way. So its impossible? No known utility?

Thanks

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 9, 2016 at 3:09:55 pm

The request doesn't make sense from a technical perspective. There's also virtually no logistical reason to do it.
What "camera?" Even within the same brand they record differently. My Sony EX1 recorded differently than my Sony X70 which records differently then my consumer Canon Vixia which is different than a Canon D80 which is different than Canon 7D and so on. Isn't the absurdity of the request obvious to you?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 9, 2016 at 8:39:07 pm
Last Edited By Craig Seeman on Dec 9, 2016 at 9:01:05 pm

Noticing that source is HDV, which was mostly recorded to tape until the tail end of the camera development where some were recorded to card. I don't know of any camera that recorded HDV to Compact Flash. I think the few that recorded to card were SD cards. Perhaps they need something like an HDV .mts file. HDV was recorded to SD card as a Transport Stream if I recall correctly. I'm not sure why they'd want HDV over ProRes or DNxHD unless they have a very old NLE. Even if the have "no budget" for a paid NLE, the FREE DaVInci Resolve can handle ProRes or DNxHD on a computer with a decent GPU.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]