FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert h264 mkv to h264 mov for Olympus TG-4

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Martin
Convert h264 mkv to h264 mov for Olympus TG-4
on Aug 8, 2016 at 4:39:35 pm

I recently bought an olympus TG-4. It record movies in h264 mpeg4 part 10 at 1920x1080i 4:2:0fullscale with pcm 16s le audio as mov.

I'm looking to convert a few 1280x768 h264 mkv with mp3 audio to a format the camera will play so that i can use its TV out to play back these videos.

So far I've tried using VLC to convert to h264 mp4/mov with wav audio and the camera gives "picture error" trying to play these back.

Any suggestions of software or settings to use? I'll double check I've got all the details of the formats correct when i get home.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Convert h264 mkv to h264 mov for Olympus TG-4
on Aug 8, 2016 at 5:21:51 pm

It's possible the camera is looking for metadata that it records with files and used for internal playback. There may be no easy way to duplicate that.

Personally I think you should look in another direction. It's easy to encode an import files into Apple or Android devices for playback either wired or wireless to a TV. That would be a more conventional and easier route to go.

Return to posts index

Graham Martin
on Aug 8, 2016 at 6:42:17 pm

Yea, there are certainly other ways to do it. However I was hoping this would make for a travel friendly solution that would not require packing/buying additional adaptors or devices.

I'll either need to buy a screen cast hmdi device or a micro USB to hdmi cable and find an android app that can out hdmi through the micro USB slot. Do you know of such an app?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 16, 2016 at 8:12:51 pm

[Graham Martin] "I was hoping this would make for a travel friendly solution"

Smartphones and tablets are travel friendly.

[Graham Martin] "a micro USB to hdmi cable"
Like this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-micro-usb-to-hdmi-adapter-white/2003027...

[Graham Martin] "android app that can out hdmi through the micro USB slot."
Maybe
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-android.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]