FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorenson Squeeze no 30fps DNxHD?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Trenton
Sorenson Squeeze no 30fps DNxHD?
on Aug 7, 2016 at 9:53:38 am

Hi everyone,

I'm running Sorenson Squeeze Desktop Pro 11 and to my big surprise there is no option to convert to 1080p 30fps in DNxHD. Even when I go into the advanced tab there are a bunch of options for 720p and 1080p, but while 720p has an option for 29.97fps there is only options for 23,97fps, 24fps, 25fps in 1080p (there are also a 50fps and 59,97fps but those are interlaced).

So my question is whether there is something I can do to add that DNxHD 30fps option for Squeeze? All the footage I've shot that I need to convert is in 30fps and so I want to keep that framerate through the conversion. This software cost me a lot of money so I think it's really weird if much used framerates like 29,97 and 30fps are not available. Particularly with DNxHD being the only editing friendly codec offered in the application (I'm on Windows, so no ProRes unfortunately).

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sorenson Squeeze no 30fps DNxHD?
on Aug 7, 2016 at 3:18:07 pm

So what happens if you disable the frame rate filter?
I use Telestream Episode and I don't see any such limit. In Episode if you disable the frame rate filter it just takes that straight across.

Return to posts index

Michael Trenton
on Aug 7, 2016 at 8:54:48 pm

I've disabled all filters so unfortunately that didn't solve my problem. I appreciate the suggestion though. :)

It's just really weird how Squeeze doesn't have any 29.97 fps and 30fps options for DNxHD 1080p. To me it just doesn't make sense that such an expensive and professional software would ignore commonly used framerates like that.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 8, 2016 at 1:28:15 am

Contact Sorenson. It doesn't make sense.

Return to posts index

Seth Robinson
on Sep 13, 2016 at 9:33:59 pm

We just recently updated where I work to 11 mainly for the DNxHD conversion it does. I found out today that it has very limited versions of the DNxHD. I had sent an email asking about the rest. Typically I am able to edit the presets or make new ones but it seems like these are set in stone. If I hear anything I will post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]