FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning off Multiple Audio Channels when Converting MKV file to PS3 friendly Format

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Kitzman
Turning off Multiple Audio Channels when Converting MKV file to PS3 friendly Format
on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:21:34 pm

New twist on a pretty common problem... I'm trying to convert a MKV file to any PS3-friendly format using VLC.

Many people have had problems getting the audio to convert. My problem is that I have TOO MUCH audio converting. The MKV file has several audio streams in its codec (Spanish language, French Language, Audio Commentary, etc).

What happens when I convert is that VLC takes ALL of these streams and smashes them together into 1 very confused-sounding audio track.

So my question is, can I turn off everything except the English track before converting?

Here are the basics of what I am doing...

Encapsulation = Mpeg-PS
Video Codec = H.264
Audio Codec = Mpeg Audio

If I stray away from any of these settings, I don't get any audio at all (at least not that my PS3 will play).

Let me know if I should try different settings, or maybe a different program altogether?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bram van Dam
Re: Turning off Multiple Audio Channels when Converting MKV file to PS3 friendly Format
on Jul 5, 2016 at 9:31:37 am

Have you tried Handbrake? It has a very nifty feature that you can use to select different audio tracks and has a build in preset for PS3 if I'm not mistaken.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]