FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAW photo timelapse pixelation in vimeo

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Page
RAW photo timelapse pixelation in vimeo
on Dec 24, 2015 at 12:15:47 am

Hey,

Having problems getting the time-lapse in my vimeo video clean without blocking.

https://vimeo.com/149840678

I used adobe bridge with camera raw to colour correct then opened the photos as a raw sequence in After Effects where the project is 16 bit

I have exported at Pro Res HQ and also used dynamic link to Premiere where I inserted the clip with the rest of my pro res HQ footage.

I exported with H.264
frame rate 25
progressive
square pixels
profile: high
Level
Render at max depth
VBR 2 pass
target bitrate 20
max bitrate 300
keyframe 1
Render at maximum quality

The footage is fine before vimeo but once I upload the time-lapse is pixelated with blocking??
I know 8 bit is susceptible to this behaviour but these are 14-bit RAW photos from A7S.

I used to own a 7D and never had this problem.

Is it the camera or my workflow or compression error?

I am a little stuck and wouldn't mind some help.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: RAW photo timelapse pixelation in vimeo
on Dec 24, 2015 at 5:53:03 am

Looks fine on my phone. Where are you seeing the issues? First, download the Vimeo transcoded file and view frame by frame through the problem areas to be sure there is an encoding issue and not just a streaming bandwidth issue when viewing online. Second, if there is an encoding issue, consider increasing the number of frames between quick cuts, and reducing/slowing some of the motion. High compression encoding works by reusing pixel blocks from frame to frame. That can produce poor results when there is too much motion and too many quick cuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]