FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM HD 422 video with MPEG 1 Layer 2 audio?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brittany Barnes
XDCAM HD 422 video with MPEG 1 Layer 2 audio?
on Jan 20, 2015 at 8:15:21 pm

I've been researching for a few hours now to export to these video and audio specs through Compressor on behalf of a client in Thailand, and have hit a roadblock.

Here are the specs they sent us:

Codec: XDCAM HD 422
Resolution: 1920x1080i
FPS: 25 PAL
Video Bitrate: 50 (cbr)
Scan: Interlaced

Audio Codec: MPEG 1 Layer 2
Track: 8
Bit Depth 24
Bitrate: 384
Audio Sample Rate: 48

Video can be MOV, MPEG or MXF.

The video aspect was super easy to accomplish, but I can't seem to figure out the audio. The only options I could find for that particular codec is to either create an mpeg-1 and disable the video, or to use the multiplex option under the MPEG-2 settings. The latter, of course, combines and video and the audio, which I don't want, and both options only export 2 stereo channels when I need unmixed (they requested 8, we have 4). I tried pass-through with the existing Final Cut settings, as well, which gives me the channels I need, but automatically exports the audio as PCM with a bitrate of 144.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I'm not a super technical person, so no idea what I should do from here. Since they didn't specify, I don't see why separate video and audio would be a problem, but I can't even get the audio isolated with more than 2 tracks. Is there a better way to get these settings? If it makes a difference, I'm using Compressor 3.5.3. Thank you for any help you can provide!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]