FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Watermark and Text Overlay Problem

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian SteeleCompressor Watermark and Text Overlay Problem
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 1:54:57 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the community, so bare with me as I'm getting used to the social norms of creative cow.

I'm working with compressor version 3.5.3, and the quicktime I have imported is Avid DNxHD Codec, 1920x1080, 23.98 fps. I created a text with no background (alpha) in photoshop. After importing the QT, I applied my custom setting (H.264 for high-bandwidth connections, 640x360, data rate: 0.819 Mbps). I went to filters in Compressor, and checked watermark, then chose my photoshop image. It displays fine in the preview monitor, but when I hit submit, the end result is a QT with the watermark over a very dark still image of the first frame of my original QT. I tried doing a text overlay, and the same issue occurred. I also tried a random other setting (JPEG 100 NTSC), but that had the same result.

The QT compresses perfectly fine if I don't apply a watermark or text overlay, so obviously something is going wrong in this step of the process. Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Matt FisherRe: Compressor Watermark and Text Overlay Problem
by on Sep 14, 2012 at 9:47:29 pm

Brian,
I am having the same exact problem and I've been unable to find any solutions online.
Have you had any luck figuring this out since april?

Return to posts index

Dirk WesterveltRe: Compressor Watermark and Text Overlay Problem
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 6:59:48 pm

Hi Matt, Brian,

We're having this issue too. Did either of you ever find a solution?

Thanks
-d

Return to posts index

Matt FisherRe: Compressor Watermark and Text Overlay Problem
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:05:27 pm

Unfortunately no, I gave up and just added another step where i create a pro-res mezzanine file from the dnxhd master.
I then do the alpha overlay to the pro-res file which works wonderfully.

Return to posts index

Dirk WesterveltRe: Compressor Watermark and Text Overlay Problem
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 9:20:42 pm

Thanks Matt! Good to know.

-d

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]