ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Condensation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Graham
Condensation
on May 3, 2011 at 1:41:31 am

i was wondering for a video I am doing I want the character to blow icey breath into the camera and fog it up with ice how would i achieve that in after effects? any ideas? :?:

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Condensation
on May 3, 2011 at 5:11:13 pm

Look at what an image looks like when a lens fogs up. It loses contrast, it gets blurry, etc. Basically, do those things with an adjustment layer (or, if you're being really accurate and need multiple layers to achieve it, use a precomp) and then use a composition with some fractal noise in it as a map for a gradient map transition to bring that layer in.

As for his visible breath, here's a tutorial [link].

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mary Graham
on May 10, 2011 at 1:29:00 pm

but the step by step instrutions for the icey breath in videocopilot you need a certain particle and to get it it cost 300 dollars.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 10, 2011 at 4:46:13 pm

Take the basic principles of the tutorial and apply them using the tools you have available. I'm thinking CC Particle World (which comes with After Effects) should do the trick for you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]