ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Removing unused Plug-ins & Fonts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy JosephRemoving unused Plug-ins & Fonts
by on May 1, 2011 at 11:30:33 pm

Hi, I have generated a report for my project made in AE-CS3. It reads some plugins & fonts being used in project but it doesn't exactly tell as in which layers & comps are actually using these Plugins & Fonts. I need to remove some of these.

Is there any way i can find where these Fonts & Plugins are hidden?

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Removing unused Plug-ins & Fonts
by on May 2, 2011 at 12:31:20 am

I hate this.... The fastest way I have found is to just open each comp, maximize the timeline (with tilde) and hit 'e'. This will show all of the effects found in that timeline, and from there you can see the ones with "Missing" in front of them.

As far as the fonts - I have no idea how to easily find this.

You could check around - I think I found a script once that can help with searching for all of the plug-ins used in a project.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Andy JosephRe: Removing unused Plug-ins & Fonts
by on May 2, 2011 at 11:30:11 am

Spencer, Thanks for sharing this method. Yup i'll check with aescripts i need to resolve this issue now.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Removing unused Plug-ins & Fonts
by on May 2, 2011 at 9:12:35 pm

Andy -

Fonts are a Windows system thing. You need only go to your Windows Control Panel, and the Fonts icon to add and remove Fonts. If you use the Collect Files feature of After Effects, and "Generate Report Only", you will get a list of any fonts used in the project.

You can then go to the Control Panel and get rid of any fonts you don't need. Bear in mind that they're gone, when you delete them in the Contol Panel, so you want to have backup copies in case you need them again.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved