ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Big problem with tracking motion and Object buffers from Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WoodBig problem with tracking motion and Object buffers from Cinema 4D
by on May 1, 2011 at 12:08:20 pm

Ok so here's the scoop. I have made a Cartoon Network logo in Cinema 4D that flies across the screen like this:

You can see it's tracked to the footage to maintain relative positioning as it flies across the sky.

Now, in Cinema 4D, I gave each square (14 of them) an object buffer, and made each square flip around to show the backside, while still being the 14-object cartoon network body.

So this was brought across to After Effects well, the object flies across the sky and the object buffers stick to it properly, rotating and resizing correctly.

HOWEVER, once I apply the tracking to the logo, it will move the logo about as it needs to, but not the object buffers.

Parenting the 14 object buffers to the tracking data does not keep them in place properly.

What can I do? How can I somehow group the 14 object buffers and the logo into one layer and apply the tracking to that?

Cheers.
- Chris

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Big problem with tracking motion and Object buffers from Cinema 4D
by on May 1, 2011 at 7:42:56 pm

Stabilize the background, do your comp/fx, then reverse the stabilization to get back the camera shake on the finished comp. No need to worry about the buffers that way.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]