ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating touch screen movie with after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McCordCreating touch screen movie with after effects
by on Apr 30, 2011 at 2:51:33 pm

Hi All,

I am rather new after effects but have had success making simple compositions for video output. Can after effects be used to create a touch screen interface for an interactive exhibit? Are there any plug ins available to to aid in the creation of touch screens?

Thanks for any help,
John

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Creating touch screen movie with after effects
by on Apr 30, 2011 at 3:10:29 pm

I assume you mean an actual interactive Touch Screen and not a simulation.

The answer is yes, with the addition of Flash and ActionScript to program the interactive features.

Return to posts index

John McCordRe: Creating touch screen movie with after effects
by on Apr 30, 2011 at 7:37:43 pm

Yes, I mean an actual interactive. I am working on a touch display for a 52 inch touch panel exhibit.

All I am really wanting to do is for the users to be able to touch areas of a main screen landing screen and have it link to and access additional pages with videos and static informational screens. I have created the compositions of all of the pages in after effects, I just need a way to link the pages and to the main screen.

Any guidance on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Creating touch screen movie with after effects
by on Apr 30, 2011 at 7:58:07 pm

I did see a presentation on Adobe TV showing that you can integrate Flash and After Effects and add interaction, I can't locate the exact movie now but I'm sure you can find it by searching here: http://tv.adobe.com/search/?q=After+Effects

and here:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2009-design/advanced-after-effects-workflows-for-flash-professional/

In After Effects you create Comp and Layer markers and set up Cue Points that can be read by Flash. The Cue Points can be either Event or Navigation cues and can pass parameters with values to ActionScript.

I've only used AE cue points for Flash video players to pause, loop or continue a video – but I'm certain with the appropriate scripting you could produce an interactive touch screen, since the interactivity relies entirely on Flash programming.

Return to posts index

David GhastRe: Creating touch screen movie with after effects
by on May 1, 2011 at 2:13:46 am

You could use a dvd authoring tool to create it. 52"? really? Thats one hell of a touchscreen. I cant imagine trying to see a screen that big only arms length away from it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]